About Katherine McGuire
Vice President of Government Relations
Katherine McGuire is responsible for BSA | The Software Alliance’s US and global public policy programs and oversees a team of government relations professionals in Washington and Brussels. McGuire directs BSA’s policy campaigns on issues of importance to the high tech industry including intellectual property protection, patent reform, cyber security, and trade.
Prior to joining BSA, McGuire served seventeen years in the US Senate. During her Senate tenure, McGuire worked on numerous tech policy issues and a variety of other legislative proposals. For the last ten years, McGuire worked for Senator Mike Enzi (R-WY) in various leadership positions, including serving as his Legislative Director, as Staff Director of the Senate Banking Subcommittee on International Trade and Finance, and as Staff Director of the Banking Subcommittee on Securities and Investment. In her most recent position, she served as the Republican Staff Director for the US Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP), where she led countless legislative initiatives for Senator Enzi. In the 109th Congress, she served as Majority Staff Director for the HELP Committee.
McGuire’s career in Washington began in 1990, when she spent five years as a legislative assistant and floor assistant to former Senator Alan Simpson. From 1995 to 1997, she worked on the staff of the Senate Agriculture Committee for Chairman Richard Lugar. McGuire holds a BS and MS from the University of Wyoming.
Posts by Katherine McGuire
- STEM Winding, 21 Sep 2012 in Industry
- Unfinished Business, 31 Aug 2012 in Industry
- More Progress toward Compromise on Information Sharing, 19 Apr 2012 in Cybersecurity
- Time for a Final Push on Cybersecurity Legislation, 22 Mar 2012 in Cybersecurity
- Will 2012 Be the Year for Cybersecurity Legislation?, 22 Dec 2011 in Cybersecurity
- NIST’s Cloud Roadmap, 10 Nov 2011 in Cloud Computing
- Dear Supercommittee, Leverage IT for Deficit Reduction, 28 Oct 2011 in Cloud Computing&Industry
- ECPA’s Silver Anniversary: Time for Reform, 19 Oct 2011 in Cybersecurity
- Closing the Financial Spigot for Fake Software Peddlers, 18 Aug 2011 in Compliance and Enforcement
- Senate Bill Shines a Light on Global Cybercrime, 05 Aug 2011 in Cybersecurity