About Matt Reid
Senior Vice President of External Affairs
Matt Reid is responsible for all facets of BSA | The Software Alliance’s worldwide advocacy efforts, including public affairs, media relations, and digital and internal communications. In this role, Reid is charged with driving BSA’s advocacy agenda on industry and policy issues that impact BSA member companies and the commercial software industry.
Prior to joining BSA, Reid served for six years as Executive Vice President of Waggener Edstrom Worldwide, where he founded and led the agency’s Public Affairs and Social Innovation practices. Reid established and oversaw Waggener Edstrom’s offices in both Brussels and Washington, DC, while overseeing accounts in a variety of other US and European offices. He also previously led the agency’s Corporate practice. During his career there he specialized in public policy issues, reputation management, and corporate citizenship, among other areas.
Reid previously served as Vice President in the Corporate Communications Practice at Fleishman-Hillard and as Senior Vice President and Director of Public Affairs for the global communications agency GCI Group. Prior to that, he worked at two of California’s leading political consulting firms, Clinton Reilly Campaigns and Terris & Jaye.
During his 23-year career in communications, Reid has represented numerous high-profile clients, including the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Microsoft Corporation, MasterCard, Chevron, Starbucks, Lance Armstrong, General Motors, and others.
Reid holds a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from the University of Nevada, Reno.
Posts by Matt Reid
- World-Wide Welcome, 19 Feb 2013 in Industry
- Four Trends to Watch in 2013, 02 Jan 2013 in Industry
- A Catalogue of Worry for US IT Companies, 17 Oct 2012 in Global Markets
- Forward From the Conventions, 07 Sep 2012 in Industry
- From Piracy to the Cloud, Holleyman Discusses Key Issues for the Software Industry in C-SPAN Interview, 18 Jun 2012 in Industry
- Shadow Market: BSA’s 2011 Global Software Piracy Study, 15 May 2012 in Compliance and Enforcement
- Breaking Down Barriers in the Global Cloud Computing Market, 07 Mar 2012 in Cloud Computing
- BSA Commends Senate and House Leaders for Postponing Action on PIPA, SOPA, 20 Jan 2012 in Compliance and Enforcement